Monday, September 27, 2010

Mini Challenge: Top 5 Books of 2011

Princess Bookie is currently hosting Contest Craze and she challenged us to:

Name Your Top 5 Books of 2011
 
Most of the books I am looking forward to in 2011 are continuations in a series.  I am always anxiously waiting for the next in a line from my favorite authors! There are soooo many books I am looking forward to in 2011 that it was very tough to choose my top five.  Today these are my top five (in no particular order) ... ask me tomorrow and you might get a different answer.

Across the Universe by Beth Rivas
Published January 11, 2011

"A love out of time. A spaceship built of secrets and murder."

This debut novel from Beth Rivas sounds very intriguing.  Spaceships, danger, and romance; what more could you ask for? I can't wait to get the chance to read it!

Where She Went By Gayle Forman
Published April 19, 2011

"It’s been three years since Adam’s love saved Mia after the accident that annihilated life as she knew it . . . and three years since Mia walked out of Adam’s life forever."

I loved If I Stay and I cannot wait for the sequel to come out.  I was surprised to hear some of what has happened in the years following the accident (via teasers) and it makes me really curious to find out why/what is going on with one of my favorite fictional couples. 

City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare
Published April 5, 2011


"City of Fallen Angels is the fourth book in the bestselling series The Mortal Instruments. It follows the adventures of Jace, Clary, Simon and their friends after the events of City of Glass."
Who Isn't waiting for this one? The TMI trilogy was great, and I can't wait to find out what happens next in this unexpected fourth addition! I am also looking forward to reading more about Simon since he is one of my favorite characters.

 Forever by Maggie Stiefvater

"His lips tasted cool and sharp, peppermint, winter, but his hands, soft on the back of my neck, promised long days and summer and forever." (Shiver)

I loved shiver and linger and I can't wait to read the trilogy conclusion, forever.  After linger and I am a little worried about our protagonists and hope that everything turns out ok... but with Maggie you never know what you are going to get.  Definitely a must read.

Magic Slays by Ilona Andrews
Published March 2011

"It's a reflex. Hear a bell, get food. See an undead, throw a knife. Same thing, really."  (Magic Bites)

Magic Slays in the 5th book in the Kate Daniels series by Ilona Andrews (the picture I posted is the first in the series, Magic Bites, because they have yet to post a cover for Magic Slays).  This book series is great; filled with paranormal action and a strong female lead. I really enjoy them and I can't wait for the next one!

1 comment:

Amber said...

Two of your novels made my list too and several of the others are definitely runners up for me. That list was REALLY hard to make.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails