I won an award!
Thank you Cathy @ The Crazy Bookworm for the award!
Award Directions: To accept the award you must link back and thank the person who gave you the Life is Good award. Answer the 10 questions and pass it along to 6 other blogs.
So here goes...
1. If you blog anonymously are you happy doing it that way; if you are not anonymous do you wish you had started out anonymously so you could be anonymous now?
As you might have wondered my real name is not Scoot. Scoot is just my nickname, but I prefer to use it to be anonymous on the blogs. It is fun to be incognito and I feel (maybe?) a little safer from all the crazies out there. I might eventually post pics of myself from book signings and such, but I don’t plan to ever blog with my ‘real’ name.
2. Describe one incident that shows your inner stubborn side.
I am pretty sure you don’t need one incident that shows this side of me; I am in a constant state of stubborn. I am pretty much going to do what I think is right/want to do all the time. It is pretty hard to sway me off a chosen path. As my poor husband can tell you... not always my best trait. lol. If that is not stubborn, I don’t know what is!
3. What do you see when you really look at yourself in the mirror?
TIREDNESS. lol. I work full-time to pay the bills and go to school full-time to get edjumacated. Add in quality time with the husband, reading for fun and a miniature social life. Needless to say I get very little sleep!
4. What is your favorite summer cold drink?
Water!! ...or a Dr. Pepper.
5. When you take time for yourself, what do you do?
Hmm... to really take time for myself usually the husband and I go out of town on vacation. That is our only true escape; we just pick a place and GO. Relaxation = no work, school, laptops or cell phones!
6. Is there something you still want to accomplish in your life? What is it?
Yes! I have lots of future goals. I want to be a photographer, learn how to play the piano, write a book, retire early, travel to exotic places, and eventually be a mom.
7. When you attended school, were you the class clown, the class overachiever, the shy person, or always ditching?
I was a mix of the overachiever and shy person. I pretty much aced high school... now in college I am a bit lazier, but still manage to make the Dean’s list. Don’t ask me how. I was shy in high school, but had a ton of great friends and still managed to be in the school musicals. In college I am pretty much there just to get the job done – so I don’t even attempt to socialize.
8. If you close your eyes and want to visualize a very poignant moment of your life what would you see?
I would see part of one of my first “dates” with my husband (we were not dating – just friends – basically in denial). I think this was the time when I really fell for him. We were sitting on my parent’s living room floor (yes I still lived at home) and spent the entire night asking each other random questions from a ‘journal jar’ I had found in my memorabilia box. We talked for HOURS and really go to know one another on a deeper level. Sometime in the middle of talking we ended up squished together on the couch holding hands. It was sweet. *le-sigh*.
9. Is it easy for you to share your true self in your blog or are you more comfortable writing posts about other people or events?
I don’t have a problem sharing my ‘true self’ in my blog as long as it doesn’t mess with my ‘incognito’ plan. Whatever I post on the blog comes straight from my brain ... and you can’t get more ‘true self’ than that.
10. If you had the choice to sit down and read or talk on the phone, which would you do and why?
Definitely read. I am not a huge phone person... in fact most of my friends don’t ever expect me to answer my cell. They just assume I won’t pick up and call my husband instead. lol. I am horrible about that.
I pass this award on to:
The Reading Teen Crew @ Reading Teen
Arena @ The Nerd’s Wife
Emily @ Dragons Ate My Homework
Lauryn, Mara, Dave and Sami @ The Lateiner Gang Book Review Spot
Lori @ Lori’s Reading Corner
Sara @ Babbling Flow