Thursday, April 14, 2011

YALSA's Teens' Top Ten Nominees!


I am not a teen and I have not been a teen for years.  But that doesn't stop me from reading and getting excited about "teen" books!
The Young Adult Library Services Association annually nominates books for a Top Ten "Teen Choice" list; where teens nominate and choose their favorite books of the previous year!  If you are a teen you can vote for your top pics of the 2011 list, Aug. 22 through Sept. 16.


The 25 2011 Nominees:
Drought by Pam Bachorz
I Am J by Cris Beam
You Killed Wesley Payne by Sean Beaudoin
Zombies vs. Unicorns by Holly Black and Justine Larbalestier
The Lost Gate by Orson Scott Card
The Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
Love, Inc by Yvonne Collins
Matched by Ally Condie
Nightshade by Andrea Cremer
Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick
Lies by Michael Grant
Demonglass by Rachel Hawkins
Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins
The Iron King by Julie Kagawa
I Am Number Four by Pittacus Lore
Red Moon Rising by Peter Moore
The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson
Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver
The False Princess by Ellis O’Neal 
Angel: A Maximum Ride Novel by James Patterson
Sisters Red by Jackson Pearce
Blessed by Cynthia Leitich Smith
Behemoth by Scott Westerfeld
Paranormalcy by Kiersten White

I've read 10 of the books off of the nominee list and there are a bunch more on there I have not read yet but really want to.  I think my number one pick off this list (of what I have read so far) is a toss up between Behemoth, Mockingjay or Paranormalcy.

Have you read any of the books on the list? Are you planning to read any?  Which book do you think deserves the top spot?

Photobucket

1 comment:

Megan @ Reading for Refuge said...

I've read 7 of them, but I think my favorite that I've read is a toss up between Nightshade and Matched. Loved them. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails