Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The Iron Queen (ARC)


Author:  Julie Kagawa
Genre: Young Adult - Fantasy
Publication Date: January 25, 2011
Age Range: Young Adult
Pages:  358
Date Scoot Read: January 2011
Source
: eGalley from NetGalley & Harlequin Teen

Scoot's Rating
: 8- Really good!

Synopsis (via Goodreads)
:  My name is Meghan Chase.
I thought it was over. That my time with the fey, the impossible choices I had to make, the sacrifices of those I loved, was behind me. But a storm is approaching, an army of Iron fey that will drag me back, kicking and screaming. Drag me away from the banished prince who's sworn to stand by my side. Drag me into the core of conflict so powerful, I'm not sure anyone can survive it.
This time, there will be no turning back.

Scoot’s Review:
**Spoiler-warning for the previous Iron Fey novels!**
Having chosen a life of exile with Ash in the last book we join Meghan as she tries to return to her old life (with Ash in tow). Alas it was not meant to be.  Realizing that she can never truly return to her old life Meghan and Ash are forced to turn their attention to the Iron fey who are trying to destroy the Nevernever. Throughout their adventures Meghan comes across some startling and heartbreaking truths, but manages to come out on top despite her heartaches. In a rare moment of sanity, the Summer and Winter courts have agreed to work together to defeat the over-powerful false Iron King and Fey.  Running on borrowed time Meghan, Ash and Puck work together once again to save the world of Fey as they know it.  I really enjoyed this story and was happy to be reunited with the characters we loved from the last two books.  The romance and action were enthralling as usual and it was a well-paced read.  The story had a bittersweet feel, but with a strong tinge of hope.  I can’t wait to read The Iron Knight when it releases in November 2011 and I am holding out hopes for a “Summer Lackey” book since I am a huge sucker for Puck. 

Photobucket

2 comments:

Keturah said...

Your review has me so excited to read The Iron Queen now. I bought it last week, but I have so many more that I am behind on. When did my to-read pile get so tall?

Karen said...

Hey there! You won the Ultimate Reviewer's Challenge over at my blog for this review!! http://www.fwiwreviews.net/2011/03/ultimate-reviewers-challenge-winner.html

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails