Friday, February 18, 2011

Inside Out: Inside Out 1


Author: Maria V. Snyder
Genre: Young Adult – Dystopian/Science Fiction
Publication Date: April 1, 2010
Age Range: Young Adult
Pages:  320
Date Scoot Read: April 2010 & December 2010
Source
: Audiobook

Scoot's Rating: 8- Really good!

Synopsis (via Goodreads)
: Keep Your Head Down.
Don't Get Noticed.
Or Else.
I'm Trella. I'm a scrub. A nobody. One of thousands who work the lower levels, keeping Inside clean for the Uppers. I've got one friend, do my job and try to avoid the Pop Cops. So what if I occasionally use the pipes to sneak around the Upper levels? The only neck at risk is my own…until I accidentally start a rebellion and become the go-to girl to lead a revolution.

Scoot’s Review:
I love Maria V. Snyder’s Study series and when I heard she had a YA novel coming out I was thrilled!  I read it for the first time when it was very first released, and when its sequel (Outside In) was close to coming out I read it again as a refresher.  Inside Out takes place in a totally new world.  Trella has been Inside all of her life, along with everyone she has ever known.  She is a scrub; growing up on the lower levels with hoards of other scrubs cleaning the pipes, doing laundry and basically keeping Inside running smoothly.  Pop-Cops make sure the lower levels and the upper levels never meet, and their propaganda keeps prejudice between the levels running high. Outside is a mysterious myth that Trella barely believes exists.  When life throws an unexpected opportunity to find Gateway (the supposed entryway to Outside) Trella throws all she has into finding it.  The mystery of this novel was great, I never figured out the big twist until the moment it was happening. Trella starts out a selfish character, but she realizes that partway through the novel and begins to change for the better.  The pace of the story was great, keeping things intriguing with twists and action.  The characterization was great; Riley being my personal favorite with his blend of a serious and sweet personality.  The romance was a little predictable but sweet, and I was rooting for it all the way.  Inside Out is a great read!
 
Photobucket

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails