Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Girl, Stolen (ARC)


Author: April Henry
Genre: Young Adult – Fiction/Suspense
Publication Date: September 28, 2010
Age Range: Young Adult
Pages:  224
Date Scoot Read: October 2010
Source
: Softcover ARC

Scoot's Rating
:
5- It was ok.

Synopsis (via Goodreads):
Sixteen year-old Cheyenne Wilder is sleeping in the back of a car while her mom fills her prescription at the pharmacy. Before Cheyenne realizes what's happening, their car is being stolen--with her inside! Griffin hadn’t meant to kidnap Cheyenne, all he needed to do was steal a car for the others. But once Griffin's dad finds out that Cheyenne’s father is the president of a powerful corporation, everything changes—now there’s a reason to keep her. What Griffin doesn’t know is that Cheyenne is not only sick with pneumonia, she is blind. How will Cheyenne survive this nightmare, and if she does, at what price?

Scoot’s Review:
This book was kind of a let down.  I think with the cover and the synopsis I had much higher hopes for the story to be great.  I mean, a blind and sick teenage girl accidentally kidnapped by a teenage boy’s impulse action to steal a car... what is not intriguing about that?  However, I found the story to be a little too unrealistic and short. Maybe it’s just me, but if I was kidnapped I don’t think I would be so chatty and dumping my entire life story out on a random guy who may or may not kill me.  Despite the story feeling too fake, I did like Cheyenne and Griffin.  I thought Cheyenne was brave and willing to take risks despite her hardships, and Griffin was doing his best when being dealt a rough hand in life. And, lets be honest, the true romantic in me wanted them to be friends – or maybe more.  The writing style flowed well and I liked the alternating perspectives between Cheyenne and Griffin.  Overall I was happy with the conclusion of the main plotline, but not happy with how the book ended. If that makes any sense?  This story was a great idea, but I really feel like it could have been so much more. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails