Sunday, July 11, 2010

Wolf Tower: The Claidi Journals I

Author: Tanith Lee
Genre: Fantasy Fiction
Publication Date: October 2001
Age Range: 12 and up
Pages:
240 pages
Date Scoot Read: July 2010
Source: Library Paperback

Rating: 6 – Good read with small flaws.


Synopsis (via Goodreads)
:
All her life, Claidi has endured hardship in the House, where she must obey a spoiled princess. Then a golden stranger arrives, living proof of a world beyond the House walls. Claidi risks all to free the charming prisoner and accompanies him across the Waste toward his faraway home. It is a difficult yet marvelous journey, and all the while Claidi is at the side of a man she could come to love. That is, until they reach his home . . . and the Wolf Tower.

Scoot’s Review:
I enjoyed this story, but I would often find myself frustrated with Claidi. The book was a fast and easy read. The writing style was entertaining – I enjoyed the casual and journalistic style of the narrator and her humorous comments on what was happening all around her. The writing style was a little choppy feeling and sometimes it was difficult to understand what was going on because Claidi herself didn’t know what was happening. I found Claidi to be a little too naive. I know she was in the House her entire life, but still, you would think she would ask at least a few questions. There is just enough of an element of romance and mystery to keep the reader hanging on to find out what happens. This is the first in a series and I am not sure if I will go on to read the second one. I might just leave things here.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails