Thursday, January 19, 2012

Where did the time go?!


Whoa. Two months. TWO MONTHS. 

That is how long is has been since I have posted anything on my blog! It is amazing how fast time flies by when you are busy.  However, I’m Back!!  No more slacking off.  Life is back into a normal routine and I have managed to find a good balance.  Which means I can make time for my book blogging hobby again! Yay!  I know it is in the middle of January now, but I wanted to share some year-end updates.


How many books did I read last year?!

I read in 155 books in 2011!! That is a crazy amount of books.  This year, I don't think I will be getting as much reading in since the hubs has graduated and we are able to spend more time together in the evenings, as well as, my new addiction of pinterest has me making homemade EVERYTHING.  My goal for 2012 is to read 75 books.  

How did I do on last year's challenges?!

2011 Debut Author Challenge  - Was a Success!!!! I was able to read twelve 2011 Debut Author books. Yay for actually accomplishing a goal.  Below are the books I read...

Warped by Maurissa Guibord (released 1/11/2011)
Across the Universe by Beth Revis (released 1/11/2011)
Forsaken by Jana Oliver (released 1/7/2011)
Clarity by Kim Harrington (released 3/1/2011)
Spellbound by Cara Lynn Shultz
The Faerie Ring by Kiki Hamilton (released 9/27/2011)
Divergent by Veronica Roth (released 5/3/2011)
Ashfall by Mike Mullin (released 10/2011)
Never Eighteen by Megan Bostic (released 2011)
Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake 
Ashes, Ashes by Jo Treggiari

2011 YA Historical Fiction Challenge  - Was a FAIL.  Doh! I did manage to read six YA Historical Fiction novels, but I was four short of my goal.  However, the books I missed out on are still on my future reading list and I will definitely get to them this year. For reals this time.  Below are the books I read for the challenge and the crossed out ones I didn't manage to finish.

Fever 1793 by Laurie Halse Anderson
Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak (posted)
Wildwing by Emily Whitman (posted)
The Boy In the Striped Pajamas by John Boyne
Star-Crossed by Linda Collison
The Education of Bet by Lauren Baratz-Logsted
Once by Morris Gleitzman
Viking Warrior by Judson Roberts

The Betrayal of Maggie Blair by Elizabeth Laird

Photobucket

3 comments:

Crazybookworm said...

Welcome back! I totally understand having to balance everything out. I run my own pet grooming business and I also work as a manager at an independent bookstore in my city. So time management has become a BIG thing for me.

I can't wait for your future posts!

Anonymous said...

I just checked your blog a few days ago wondering where you had gone! So happy you're back =). Excited to start reading your reviews again!

Scoot said...

Thanks guys! I am glad to be back. It is crazy how much time can pass by and I feel so out of the blogging world. I am ready to jump back in!! Expect lots of posts very soon! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails