Monday, January 23, 2012

ALA Midwinter was awesome!



I was able to make it to ALA Midwinter on Saturday and it was wonderful! It was so fun getting to meet and mingle with authors, publishers and other book lovers.  I dragged my brother to the conference with me so I wouldn't have to roam around alone and he had just as much fun as I did. It was great!  I was only going to be able to attend on Saturday, so I only signed up for access to the Exhibit Hall. But even with that limited access we still managed to spend almost the entire day there.  I met a lot of great people and really had an enjoyable time.  It makes me even more excited about attending future conferences (ALA Annual and BEA here I come!) I ended up with a HUGE stack of ARCs for review (lucky for me I live close - or shipping costs would have been beyond outrageous) and now I don't even know where to start reading! I will have to take a photo for you of the amazing books I was able to snag for review, but in the mean time here are a few I am really excited about:

BZRK by Michael Grant
I Hunt Killers by Barry Lyga
Grave Mercy by Robin LeFevers
The Storm Makers by Jennifer E. Smith
Torn from Troy by Patrick Bowman
Fracture by Megan Miranda
Black Heart by Holly Black
Glory Be by Augusta Scattergood
The Peculiars by Maureen Doyle McQuerry
Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein
The Merchant's Daughter by Melanie Dickerson


 Where you at the conference as well?  
Which ARC are you going to start reading first?


Photobucket

1 comment:

Amelia said...

Hey! Why didn't I meet you?!?! We probably passed by each other...!
I'm glad you had a productive weekend! Are you fo sho going to BEA? We need to meet up!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails