Thursday, July 28, 2011

Mini Reviews: The New World & Of Swine and Roses

Why is it tiny things are always so darn cute?!
  These reviews might not be as cool as this miniature door, but they are mini! 

Mini Reviews are short reviews of books I have read for my own enjoyment and wanted to share with you. I will describe in a couple of sentences (often fragmented) my thoughts on the book.  I may or may not ever post full reviews of any of these books.  So in the mean time, Enjoy!


"In this dramatic prequel to the award-winning Chaos Walking Trilogy, author Patrick Ness gives us a short story of Viola's journey to the New World."

The Chaos Walking Trilogy is amazing and I loved this little prequel to it. We meet Viola and learn more of her back story.  I wouldn’t recommend reading this unless you have read the first book to avoid spoilage about Viola.  Well paced, and written in a similar format to The Chaos Walking trilogy.  Tragic tale, but filled with hope. A perfectly written addition to the overall story makes this a [10 – Amazing! Loved it. Read it now!] for me.    


 Of Swine and Roses by Ilona Andrews

"A young adult story about a girl, a pig, some magic, and the worst date ever.

Chad Thurman is a thug, who carried brass knuckles in both pockets and lays magic traps for intruders into "his" neighborhood. The last thing Alena Kornov wants to do is to go on the date with him. But when her family pressures her, she can't say no. Now the ice-cream is absent, the pig is running for its life, and we won't even mention the dead guy...

This story previously appeared as a free read on our website."

Another win for Ilona Andrews.  I want this to be a full novel – STAT! The story building and character development were intriguing and well done in just a few short pages.  A cute paranormal adventure with a hint of romance.  Can’t wait to see if this ever becomes more! This was a short story that left me wanting more (in a good way) making this a [9-  Great read! Couldn’t put it down.
] for me.
Photobucket

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails