Thursday, March 24, 2011

My soul to take


Author: Rachel Vincent
Genre: Young Adult - Paranormal
Publication Date: August 1, 2009
Publisher: Harlequin
Age Range: Young Adult
Pages:  279
Date Scoot Read: February 2011
Source
: Audiobook

Scoot's Rating: 7- Enjoyed most of it.

Synopsis (via Goodreads)
:  
She doesn't see dead people. She senses when someone near her is about to die. And when that happens, a force beyond her control compels her to scream bloody murder. Literally.

Kaylee just wants to enjoy having caught the attention of the hottest guy in school. But a normal date is hard to come by when Nash seems to know more about her need to scream than she does. And when classmates start dropping dead for no apparent reason, only Kaylee knows who'll be next

Scoot’s Review:
Kaylee knows she isn’t crazy, but her family isn’t so sure when she can’t stop screaming one day after seeing a boy in a wheelchair at the mall.  Not sure how or why she can’t control her screams Kaylee lives in fear of something triggering her panic attacks.  When she starts to realize that her panic attacks coincide with a string of recent deaths she sees that her screams and the deaths have a connection.  But what is it? Throw in a lot of unexpected attention from someone who used to never look her way and her life is turning in an entirely new direction.  I have seen this series floating around a lot and I finally got a chance to get it started via audiobook.  The story was great, it jumped right into the plot and you learned Kaylee’s history as you went.  There was an instant romance, but there were a few differences that made this one feel ok to me. I liked the big twist of Kaylee’s connection to the deaths and her connection to Nash.  I found the world building to be unique and something new, and I want to know more about the world that was created.  It was an enjoyable read and I do plan to pick up the next book and continue this series!
 
Photobucket

1 comment:

Texas Book Lover said...

This story has been on my TBR list for a while now...not sure I will move it to the top but I am sure i will still read it eventually!

Thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails