Monday, June 4, 2012

Armchair BEA: Hello Friends!

Hello everyone! I am excited to be starting off this week of Armchair BEA posts!  I am happy to participate in the off-site, lounge-in-your-pajamas-style BEA! To start the week off below is a short and sweet intro to myself!  Enjoy.

 

Who are you?

I am Scoot!  (no that is not my real name - it is just a nickname)  I have been blogging for almost two years now and I really enjoy it.  This blog is just for my own enjoyment and to share my passion for books with the world. 

What are you currently reading?

I am currently reading Seeds of Rebellion (Beyonders #2) by Brandon Mull, The City's Son by Tom Pollock, and The Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan!  Yes - that is three books at one time. One audio for in the car, one audio for work and one 'real' book.

One non-book-related thing you may not know about me:

I have 30 nieces and nephews under the age of 16.  That is a LOT of kid birthdays to attend throughout the year.  I don't have any children of my own - yet - but I strive to everyone's favorite aunt. ;)

Have your reading tastes changed since you started blogging? How?

I don't know if my tastes have necessarily changed, but I have found myself to be a much more picky reader.  I have so many books waiting to be read that if I am not really enjoying something I just put it away.  I NEVER used to leave a book unread - if I started it, I finished it.  Now I find myself giving up after a while if it doesn't meet my higher standards.





Photobucket

12 comments:

test said...

Scoot sounds like a great nickname ;) Woaaaah isn't that multi-tasking? I hope I could read like 4 books and don't get mixed up with them XD

30 nieces now that is just a huge number of nieces.

My Introduction post here

-Jay
We Fancy Books

Lisa Schroeder said...

Hi Scoot,

wow, 30 nieces and nephews sounds totally fun and overwhelming!!

Stopping by to say thanks for all you do to share your love of books with the on-line world. THANK YOU!

Lisa

Sarah Reads Too Much said...

That is A LOT of nieces and nephews! How many siblings do you have?

Kapri (Book Fanatics) said...

I know what you mean--I used to finish every book, too. But now there are so many to read that if I'm not into a book, I don't finish.

Thanks for sharing!

Becky B. @ Bibliognome said...

Hi, hope you're having a happy Armchair BEA so far. :)

Wow, with that many nieces and nephews I bet you have had your fair share of birthday cake.

I salute you for your awesome multitasking too, I tried listening to audio books but either got bored or too involved (where I don't want to read anything else.)

Marg said...

I always read multiple books at a time too!

30 nieces and nephews is a lot of birthday presents!

Hope you have a great Armchair BEA!

Unknown said...

I am trying to get myself to put books down that don't agree with me. It is at war with the "finish your plate" philosophy and a struggle.

Glad to see you around Armchair BEA hope we cross paths again.

Val said...

30! Wow!That's a lot of N&N! Bet it makes for fun parties though.

Thanks for participating!

Here's my intro

Valerie
StuckInBooks

Melanie said...

Haha, my favorite days are those spent lounging around in pajamas.

That's an epic amount of nieces and nephews. And they all live near you? Insane.

If you have the time, I’d love to hear from you at my armchair BEA post.

Krazzyme(Young Readers) said...

ARE YOU A rick Riordan fan? Please say yes! Anyways Mark of Athena's cover is out!
:)

Krazyyme @ Young Readers

Beckie said...

Hi *waves*
omg what a big family u have!! bet xmas and birthdays are expensive!
hope u enjoy the armchairbea x :) x have fun x

Chrystal said...

WOW! 30 nieces and nephews. That is crazy! I have one nephew for now and I'm totally his favourite aunt. :)

I loved your image in this post about the PJs - that's totally me. LOL

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails