Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (56): Ashen Winter & The Hero's Guide to Saving Your Kingdom

Time for "Waiting On Wednesday" weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine! Waiting on Wednesday spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating!  
 
  Coming Soon...
 
The Hero's Guide to Saving Your Kingdom by Christopher Healy (Author), Tod Harris (Illustrator)
To Be Published: May 1st 2012 by Walden Pond Press
 
Enter a world where everything, even our classic fairy tales, is not at all what it seems.

Prince Liam. Prince Frederic. Prince Duncan. Prince Gustav. You've never head of them, have you? These are the princes who saved Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, Snow White, and Rapunzel, respectively, and yet, thanks to those lousy bards who wrote the tales, you likely know them only as "Prince Charming." But all of this is about to change...

Rejected by their princesses and cast out of their castles, Liam, Frederic, Duncan, and Guztav stumble upon an evil plot that could endanger each of their kingdoms. Now it's up to them to triumph over their various shortcomings, take on trolls, bandits, dragons, witches, and other associated terrors to become the heroes no one ever thought they could be.

This title is the first in a series about the adventures of Liam, Frederic, Duncan, and Gustav. The second title is due out in 2013
 
My Ramblings on Hero's Guide: I just discovered this intriguing looking novel the other day.  I think it sounds like a book I would love to read.  The Prince's sides of the fairy tales aren't often told and I look forward to seeing the new twists on the tales! Also, the art for this book... LOVE it! I have seen a couple of the illustrations and they are fabulous.  Can't wait to get my hands on this one!
 

 Waiting for the long haul...

Ashen Winter (Ashfall #2) by Mike Mullin
To Be Published: October 14th 2012 by Tanglewood Press

It’s been over six months since the eruption of the Yellowstone supervolcano. Alex and Darla have been staying with Alex’s relatives, trying to cope with the new reality of the primitive world so vividly portrayed in Ashfall, the first book in this series. It’s also been six months of waiting for Alex’s parents to return from Iowa. Alex and Darla decide they can wait no longer and must retrace their journey into Iowa to find and bring back Alex’s parents to the tenuous safety of Illinois. But the landscape they cross is even more perilous than before, with life-and-death battles for food and power between the remaining communities. When the unthinkable happens, Alex must find new reserves of strength and determination to survive.

 My Ramblings on Ashen Winter:  Oh man, the cover on this novel is awesome.  I liked Ashfall's cover, but Ashen Winter has just blown that one out of the water.  It totally sets the tone for jumping back into Alex's apocalyptic world.  I am curios to know how everything is turning out for Alex and Darla (I assume not well - because really it was not a "happily-ever-after" type of world in the last book, lol.)  Lucky for me I was just approved for the digital ARC so I should be able to find out early, but for everyone else October is so far away!

Check out my review for the previous novel in the series:

Photobucket

1 comment:

Patricia said...

Ashfall sounds very good! Argh.. I need to get my hands on it!

Patricia // My WOW

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails