Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Top Ten Books on Scoot's TBR List for Winter







First up - what exactly counts as winter?? Growing up in Texas has given me a sketchy idea on seasons, so I had to google it.Winter is supposedly from December 22 - March 20th this year. So let's go with any books released before or during that window of time.  Out of almost 600 books on my TBR list it is a little tough to choose a top ten... but here is my best effort (in no particular order)!

1. Inheritance by Christopher Paolini - I really need to finish off this series!! I have this book sitting on my shelves at home, but I can't remember much of the back story because it is has been so long since the last book came out. I might have to start the series over to appreciate this last novel. I just don't know if I am up for that...

2. The Savage Grace by Bree Despain (published March 13, 2012) - Cliffhanger ending much??!! I have been waiting for this one since I turned the last page on The Lost Saint. These books are just absorbing and I can't wait!

3. Forgiven by Jana Oliver (published February 28, 2012) - I REALLY want this one now, but I can be patient. Sort of. The Demon Trappers series has been such a pleasant surprise.  I really love it and can't wait for this conclusion to the trilogy. Unless it turns out to be more... *crossingfingersforafourthbook*

4. Incarnate by Jodi Meadows - I have an eArc of this one now! Wahoo! I just go it and can't wait to start.  It has been a long time since I have read any reincarnation plots and think this one sounds great. I have heard nothing but good things so far.

5. A Million Suns by Beth Revis (published January 10, 2012) - Duh! Who isn't waiting for this one. I need more Amy and Elder! I am really curious to know how they deal with all of the big reveals from the last novel.  January isn't too far off..

6. Hallowed by Cynthia Hand - I have an eArc of this one now too! TUCKER. Need I say more? I will be starting this one TONIGHT.

7. The Crimson Crown by Cinda Williams Chima (no release date - just 2012) - Ok this one might not come out during "winter", but I couldn't resist including it just in case.  I love the Seven Reals series and can't wait for this one!! I want to know how it all turns out. Here's hoping for "happily ever after" and not "death and demise".

8. Forever by Maggie Stiefvater - I know, I know. This book has been out since early summer. I own it. It is taunting me, but yet I still can't get myself to read it. I think cuddling up in front of the fireplace, on my squishy couch, with a mug of hot cocoa sounds like the perfect way to read this book. I think I will save this one for the winter break.

9. Fate's Edge by Ilona Andrews (out today!) - Yes, please! I love love love Ilona Andrew's edge series. They are tough to classify in a genre, but if you like your stories to have magic, lots of action, strong family bonds, romance, and well developed characters then you will love these books.  So good!

10. The Death Cure by James Dashner - Another ending to a series I have been squatting on.  I need to read this book just so I can save Thomas from the not so pleasant ending of the last book.  I know this book will have me hooked as soon as I start it, so I better leave myself lots of reading time. Here's hoping the gladers don't all die! *crossingfingersandtoes*

Ok - I couldn't do it!! I have a bonus pick.  If I can ever manage to find a reasonably priced copy of this book (local library doesn't have it, Amazon has it for $40+ used, etc..) then I really want to read this book! I finished the first one a couple of weeks ago and really enjoyed it. So my #11 is...

11. Silksinger (Dreamdark #2) by Laini Taylor (I find myself loving all things Laini Taylor. Have you read Daughter of Smoke and Bone yet? If not, GO DO IT.)




Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish where they post a weekly list of Top Tens.  Go here for more details!
Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I live in Texas, too -- it's hard to decide on winter reading when it's 70 degrees outside, isn't it? :P

I read the first two books in Paolini's series when they first came out, and just couldn't get into them. I'm still not sure why. Maybe someday I'll circle back around and give the series another chance.

Ann Summerville said...

I know what you mean - here in Texas it's hard to figure out the seasons.
Ann

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails